Challenged By The
A cultural experience that spans across time. Looking at
the role of culture in buseinss scenarios.
Achieve Higher Levels of Self-Promotion
Promote personal and business accomplishments confidently, while holding ground during negotiations.
PLOTTING THE STORY
The project draws on past experiences and present concepts to fuel a new behaviour
A detailed look at the process to cultural adaptation
Cracking The Code
Understanding personal values and convictions
– The need to succeed as a leader.
– Humble nature, the source of the problem.
Identifying the need to execute a new behavior
– The ability to publicly promote one’s accomplishments without crossing the line.
The challenges of conformity
– How could the new behavior clash with existing self?
– Could the old self consume the new behavior?
– If NO, what measures would have to be taken?
Taking The First Step
– Practicing new behavior with the help of local mentor.
– Building on constructive feedback.
– E-mail vs Direct Calls
Approaching potential leads
– Sending introductory email
The Waiting Game
A New Challenge: Priorities
– Emails were being ignored, passed on or overlooked;
– The need to raise the bar;
– A challenge which is yet to overcome;
The Next Step
– Go to direct calls;
– Continue rehearsing new cultural behavior.
In The Meantime
Other Cultural Encounters
Customizing to two new – very different – cultures which are integral to my professional future
Meeting with Potential Swiss Investors
Formality | Risk Aversion | Strict Planning
Conducted a digital interview promoting the
opportunities of investing in Kosovo, specifically
in my vision in Kosovo.
Led to another meeting that will be held
Later this year.
Meeting with Potential German Clients
Privacy | Punctuality | Perfectionism
Held a ‘formal’ digital meeting with a
solar panel manufacturer interested
in our services.
Sent offer that will be reviewed in
Executing New Culture
Meeting Potential U.S. Business Client
– Approach confidently and act to impress
– Focus on efficiency and value rather than relationship building
“Swiss quality services at Kosovo-based pricing”
– Exchanged contact information
– Schedule future tentative meeting date on Januar 15th-30th.
– Understand the “code” in-depth
– Seek help / support from local experts
– Patience is a virtue in the US
– Subcultures to adapt to
– Acting, a metaphor for the process
– Changing without loosing ones self